Sundance Institute Documentary FundDEADLINE:8 February 2021
The Sundance Institute Documentary Fund supports the work of nonfiction filmmakers from around the globe.
- Feature-Length (52 minutes or more) nonfiction projects, with budgets under $1,000,000 (one million) USD.
- The fund is open to projects and film teams from around the world.
- For international productions, films led by artists from Africa, China, India, Latin America, and the Middle East are prioritized. Indigenous artists and artists who are living in the diaspora are also prioritized.
- The Documentary Fund prioritizes funding films from early career and emerging artists.
- Proposals to the Sundance Institute Documentary Fund are evaluated on several criteria, including artful film language, engaging storytelling, originality, feasibility, contemporary cultural relevance, journalistic rigor (where applicable), and potential to reach and connect with its intended audience.
- Development grants up to USD$15,000
- Production/Post-production grants up to USD$40,000