M HKA / Van Abbemuseum Research FellowshipDEADLINE:6 December 2020
M HKA - Museum of Contemporary Art Antwerp and Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven, are pleased to announce a Research Fellowship for an artist, curator, writer or thinker.
The research grant will facilitate a period of research for up to twelve months, leading to manifestations of the research in two projects presented by M HKA and Van Abbemuseum respectively in 2021: Rewinding Internationalism: The 1990s and Today (Van Abbemuseum) and Eurasia: A Landscape of Mutability (M HKA). Both exhibitions take place within the context of the four-year programme Our Many Europes, by the museum confederation L’Internationale.
Proposals that address the following research areas and methodologies:
- Critical engagement with the constructs of internationalism, transnationalism, globalisation and Eurasia.
- A focus on microhistories, rather than master narratives that serve to illuminate the concepts, histories and visions explored in the research.
- Projects that consider or use the site of the exhibition to mobilise the research.
- Speculative thinking / practice in relation to the transhistorical, multipolarity and mutability.
- Cultural networks of exchange (historical, current or futuristic) that facilitate the exploration of the terms above.
The research (as artistic project or curatorial proposal) will form part of the exhibitions Eurasia and Rewinding Internationalism. The grant consists of €10.000 research fee + a maximum of €5.000 production budget. Limited presentation budgets will be discussed separately with M HKA and the Van Abbemuseum.