Artist’s Book GrantDEADLINE:
The Artist’s Book Grant is a six- to eight-week residency for artists to produce a limited edition book work at Women's Studio Workshop in Rosendale, New York. Working intensively in our studios, artists print and bind their own books, and are encouraged to create an edition size no larger than 100 and no smaller than 50.
Artists with a developed idea for a book work to be produced during the residency
The grant includes a stipend of $350/week, up to $750 for materials, up to $250 for travel within the Continental US, free onsite housing, and 24/7 studio access. WSW can provide technical advice; training on new equipment, techniques, and materials; and production assistance.
All applications must be physically mailed and postmarked by November 15 to:
Artist’s Book Grant Application Women’s Studio Workshop PO Box 489 Rosendale, NY 12472 USA
Application must include:
- The application form (3 hard copies)
- A complete resume (3 hard copies)
- A materials budget (3 hard copies)
- A project description (200 word max), including the media and studio needed. (3 hard copies)
- If using original text for your book, please include a representative writing sample. (3 hard copies)
- A CD or flash drive with up to ten images of recent work (digital specifications here). WSW reserves the right not to review applications that are not formatted properly.
- An image script, which should include the title, medium, dimension, and date of each image. (3 hard copies)
- A structural dummy to demonstrate how the book will be bound or function when handled. This does not have to be a complete representation of the finished piece. Please do, however, include at least 1-2 fully realized spreads. Your dummy should represent the book’s actual size. It is anticipated that you will refine your ideas before the residency begins. (1 hard copy)