Trainee Programme for Young Film CriticsDEADLINE: 28 October 2020
A group of young and motivated professional film critics from outside the Netherlands are invited to cover the International Film Festival Rotterdam festival. They are provided with the means to sharpen their journalistic practice and explore the wide landscape of independent cinema on offer at IFFR, one of the major international film festivals for press, industry members and audiences.
- You are under 30 years of age.
- Fluent command of the English language (written and spoken)
- Demonstrable experience in film criticism (print, video, audio or online media) + storyboard or any creative form of daily reporting
- Addresses the following topics: film review, festival review, Film Industry reports and trends, arts & culture review, masterclasses and talks review
- You’re not yet established enough to profit from privileges such as attending international film festivals outside your country
- You have made an agreement(s) with relevant print and/or online media to publish reports on International Film Festival Rotterdam 2019.
- Complimentary IFFR 2021 press accreditation
- A partial refund of travel costs when traveling from outside Europe
- A full schedule. IFFR aims at making trainees fully integral to the festival and lets them participate in the delivery of daily festival outlets. The trainees will form a team, hosted by the IFFR Press Office and the festival editorial staff. You get to explore all aspects of IFFR (screenings, exhibitions, Q&A sessions, masterclasses and talks, debates, film industry conferences) as part of the programme and to cover for your own media.
- If your participation is successful and you have published reports that meet IFFR’s standards (both in quality and quantity), you get the opportunity to visit the next edition of the festival as an accredited journalist.
To apply for the edition in 2021 we need you to provide us with the following*:
- Motivational letter
- Current CV
- The name and details of an affiliate for which you will cover IFFR 2021
- A recommendation letter of an editor(-in-chief) of that affiliate
- 3 pieces (written, audio or video) of recent work
Please send all the information in one combined PDF file to (internationalpress@IFFR.com)